Your initial visit to the Neutral Bay Denture Care Clinic will involve a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page and the Contact Us page. You’ll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours and more. Your expectations during your first appointment should not be stressful. Our compassionate and caring Team will do everything possible to ensure your visit is a pleasant and relaxing experience.
Sam’s knowledge of Implant Retained Dentures and the implementation of the Valplast Partial Denture System (without wires) makes him one of the most qualified, proficient and experienced Dental Prosthetists in Sydney. Should you require further intervention, we can refer you to your dentist or doctor as appropriate.
The Team at the Neutral Bay Denture Care Clinic look forward to meeting you!
Repairs and Relines
Denture Care Clinic provides an emergency service for all Denture Repairs and Relines. Whether you have damaged your dentures or require a reline due to ill-fitting dentures, our on-site Denture Laboratory allows us to provide patients with same day repairs and relines. Our fast turnaround times ensure that you are never without your teeth and in most cases are returned within just a few hours. Walk in emergencies are also welcome.
Implant Retained Dentures
In addition to offering regular dentures to our patients, we also provide the option of implant retained dentures, which are more secure. Inserted into the upper or lower jaw as required, these dentures have been described as ‘life-changing’ by some patients, and akin to having their own teeth again.
A Cost effective, advanced technique whereby a whole arch of teeth is supported by only 4 implants. So why choose implant retained dentures over ordinary dentures?
- Are held in place by dental attachments, which give extra residual strength
- Are much more stable and allow for increased oral function, with added health benefits
- Consist of two parts – an implant abutment which is threaded into your implant, and the denture cap, on the underside of your denture
Standard dentures are made for people who are already missing all their teeth. The top denture relies on “suction” to retain it, and the hardness of the underlying tissues for its stability. It generally takes 4 or sometimes more appointments to make a set of standard dentures. The first appointment consists of an oral examination, and a set of impressions of the upper and lower gums. These impressions are poured with plaster to form accurate models of the shape of the edentulous ridges. Other parameters are determined such as the shade, size and shape of the teeth that will be placed on the new dentures.
It’s common for dentures to be fitted every five years, however we advise that patients attend yearly check-ups to ensure everything is as it should be in the interim. Sam will carry out a full oral check, ensuring your dentures are still a comfortable fit and that all soft tissues are healthy.
If you don’t get your dentures re-fitted, they can become loose as your gums shrink over time, causing discomfort and looking worn. They may also appear shorter than any natural teeth you have, keeping in mind that poor fitting dentures may also cause teeth to loosen and fall out.
1. Conventional Partial Dentures, consists of metal clasps that are C-shaped, I-shaped and Y-shaped (9parts of the denture framework). They fit around neighboring natural teeth. These teeth may require shaping to help hold the clasps and keep the denture securely in place.
2. Precision Attachment Partial Dentures, similar to a key fitting into a keyhole. A crown that is placed over your tooth contains the “keyhole.” The denture contains the “key.” When you put in your denture, the “key” fits into the “keyhole” in the crown. This type of denture looks better because no clasps are visible. It also fits tighter. However, it does take more skill to place in the mouth because the “key” must fit exactly into the “keyhole.
3. Holistic Valplast Partial Denture, an Innovative flexible, lightweight, biocompatible, thermoplastic nylon made from soya bean extract with unique physical and aesthetically pleasing properties ensuring a denture that is more comfortable to wear. Its translucency allows the patients natural tissue color to appear through the material so no-one needs to know you are wearing dentures!. For more information, please refer to the attached website http://www.valplast.com/
At the Denture Care Clinic, we provide custom made Mouthguards. Unlike uncomfortable, bulky traditional boil and bite guards, our customized Mouthguards offer a comfortable fit and superior protection, made with colours to suit your team or taste!
Sporting accidents are one of the most common causes of dental injury. Every year thousands of people, including children, are treated for dental injuries that could have been avoided or minimised by wearing a protective, custom-fitted mouthguard. Wearing a custom-fitted mouthguard helps to absorb and spread the impact of a blow to your face, which might otherwise result in an injury to your mouth or jaw and may involve lengthy and complex dental treatment. The cost of an injury to your teeth or jaw far exceeds the cost of a custom-fitted mouthguard.